Expansion Unit RX418
4-bay 1U rackmount expansion unit for 1U RackStation
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Synology RX418 delivers an effortless solution for volume expansion and data backup for Synology 1U RackStation by adding 4 additional SATA drive bays on-the-fly. With its short-depth chassis design, RX418 ensures easy installation and deployment in 2-post racks and wall mount racks. Synology RX418 is backed with Synology’s 3-year limited warranty
- Plug-and-play design for seamless storage space upgrade
- Online volume expansion
- 12-inch depth to fit in 2-post racks and wall mount racks
- Energy-saving deep sleep mode
- Managed from Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
Storage Capacity Expansion
When the storage capacity on Synology 1U RackStation reaches its limit, Synology expansion unit RX418 provides easy capacity expansion by adding 4 3.5"/2.5" SATA drives to the system. Synology RX418 can also be used as a dedicated local backup destination of Synology 1U RackStation for comprehensive data protection.
Reliable plug-and-play designe
Simply connect Synology RX418 to corresponding Synology RackStation and it is ready to use. Drives in the connected Synology RX418 operate as though they were internal to the connected Synology NAS and can be managed directly by Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), with no additional software installation required.
Green and easy to manage
Award-winning Synology DSM provides an intuitive user interface for easy system management. Drive hibernation can be configured in DSM to take effect automatically when the system has been inactive for a period of time. This not only saves energy but also extends the lifespan of the installed drives.
Synology strives to enhance the performance of our NAS with every software update, even long after a product is launched. For enterprises and users that demand uncompromising performance from their servers, check the figures below to find the most suitable choice.
Aggregated 10GbE SMB - Sequential Throughput (64KB)
Aggregated 10GbE SMB - Sequential Throughput via Encrypted Shared Folder (64KB)
Aggregated 10GbE SMB - Sequential IOPS (4KB)
Aggregated 10GbE SMB - Random IOPS (4KB)
10GbE iSCSI - Random IOPS (4KB)
- Operating System: DSM 6.1
- Volume Type: RAID F1
- RX418: Fully loaded with Intel DC S3710 series 800GB SSDSC2BA800G4 SATA SSD
- FS2017: Fully loaded with Intel DC S3710 series 200GB SSDSC2BA200G4 SATA SSD
- RX418: 64GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM (16GB x 4)
- FS2017: 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM (16GB x 2)
- File System:
- EXT4: RX418
- Btrfs: FS2017
- Aggregated 10GbE SMB network environment:
- RX418: 6 x 10GbE ports (built-in 10GbE ports + 2 x Intel X540-T2 NIC)
- FS2017: 4 x 10GbE ports (built-in 10GbE ports + 1 x Intel X540-T2 NIC)
- MTU 9000; connected to client PCs via Netgear M4300-24X24F switch
- 10GbE iSCSI network environment
- RX418: 2 x Synology E10G17-F2 NIC with iSCSI over RDMA enabled
- FS2017: 1 x Synology E10G17-F2 NIC with iSCSI over RDMA enabled
- 16GB File LUN; MTU 9000; connected to client PCs via Netgear M4300-24X24F switch
- Aggregated 10GbE SMB network environment: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz; 4GB DDR3-1600; Synology E10G17-F2 NIC; MTU 9000; Windows 7 64 bit
- 10GbE iSCSI network environment: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz; 4GB DDR3-1600; Synology E10G17-F2 NIC; MTU 9000; Ubuntu 15.04
- IOMeter configuration: Continuously read from/write to a single 16GB file for 3 minutes; Block size: 64KB for SMB, 4KB for IOPS and iSCSI
- Performance figures are achieved in the Synology lab by using very powerful client computers with optimized network settings, and could vary in different environments. Regular office desktop or notebook computers may not be able to reproduce these figures.
Download the Synology Expansion Unit RX418 Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.